The Lands Assistant is a full-time permanent position that will support the Lands department with multiple tasks including but not limited to registration, database management, process and form development, and referrals. This will be primarily administrative but will also involve research and community engagement.
- Work with engineering consultants on development projects
- Assist with drafting of Request for Proposals (RFP) and review proposals
- Review and make recommendations on permit applications
- Assist with budgeting and project estimating
- Register lands instruments in the First Nation Lands Registry.
- Research paper files to ensure database management system is accurate and up to date.
- Assist with Community Engagement and all member communication.
- Lead the updating and implementing of the Emergency Management Plan including pandemic related plans.
- Lead with other programs and initiatives with partners and stakeholders as required.
- Support with GIS program.
- Apply for grants that contribute towards Wei Wai Kum community developments.
- Develop Lands policy and processes and associated forms.
- Support with member Lands inquires.
- Maintain records and files on lands matters, including internet files.
- Support with other lands and natural resource projects as required.
- Assist with by-law and law enforcement as needed.
- Assist with the maintenance and routine inspections of community assets.
- Assist with maintenance manuals, reviews, and annual inspections
- Attend and support at community meetings, i.e., AGM.
- Assist with referrals when required.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Some post-secondary education in a related field is preferred.
- Training or equivalent experience with reviewing engineered drawings and plans
- Experience working with First Nations preferred.
- Experience using database and/or similar computer systems.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Experience with GIS is considered an asset but not required.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Full-time employment 5 days (35 hours) per week.
- Hours of work: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. May be required to work occasional evenings or weekends.
- Some field work may be required.
- Place of work: Band Office.
- Must abide by Band Personnel Policy and follow Band housing and land policies.
- Provision of a clean Criminal Record Check.
This position is fulltime position with Wei Wai Kum First Nation. The hours of operations are Monday – Friday 8:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. Hourly wage range $22-$30/hr based on qualification and experience. Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference.
HOW TO APPLY: Please email or drop off the following documents: a cover letter, current resume and three work-related references to:
Merci Brown, Senior Operations Manager
Wei Wai Kum First Nation
1650 Old Spit Road, Campbell River, BC, V9W 3E8