Kwanwatsi Child Care Centre Educators must ensure that the basic educational needs of our children are being met. As an Early Childhood Educator, you will be required to prepare and deliver classroom activities, communicate with staff and parents, and ensure that out learning environment remains safe at all times.
To be a successful Early Childhood Educator, you should be creative, energetic, and able to encourage self-expression.
Your responsibilities shall include but are not limited to the following:
- Planning and delivering activities designed to facilitate children’s social, emotional, and cognitive development.
- Supervising children at all times.
- Encourage self-expression through understanding, flexibility, and behavioral reinforcement.
- Maintaining daily/weekly/monthly cleaning and sanitization of materials.
- Performing daily yard checks.
- Tending to children’s basic needs by feeding them healthy food options, ensuring they are in clean, dry clothing, providing them a safe space to rest etc.
- Respecting children as an individual and as part of their family.
- Modelling appropriate behaviors, even when not on duty.
- Ensure that our Centre remains safe.
- Communicating with families to gain insight into the child’s home lives.
- Tracking and informing parents of children’s progress.
- Attending staff meetings.
- Respecting staff and communicating accordingly.
- Following and understanding the licensing requirements.
- Must have an Early Childhood Educations Certificate
- 2-3 years of experience
- Infant Toddler Education preferred
- ECE assistance education may be considered with relevant years of experience.
Competitive wages, pension, and benefits are offered with this position.
Please mail, email or fax applications with a cover letter and resume to:
Merci Brown, Senior Manager of Operations
Wei Wai Kum First Nation
1650 Old Spit Road
Campbell River, BC V9W 3E8
Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview